Here are some examples of foods to choose as snacks during a busy work day that requires sustained energy for several hours:
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Seeds (sunflower, linseed, pumpkin, chia, etc.)
- Colored and high-fiber vegetables (carrots, cabbage, peas, broccoli, squash, etc.)
- Nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew, etc.)
- Cereal bars (pay attention to commercial brands; go for homemade bars, low in sugar, high in fiber, good fats and proteins).
- Greek yogurt
Those kind of snacks will facilitate the absorption of the nutrients, vitamins and minerals necessary for the proper functioning of the body and the mind that will then be used as energy.